We are seeking a business associate to join the Global Markets Control Management (CM) - Projects & Program Management team. This position will initially be focused on Global Markets-wide initiatives where the primary objective is to ensure controlled, timely and transparent delivery of change across multiple business lines, functions, systems and internal and external stakeholder groups including vendors, financial market utilities and regulators. Projects include technology and productivity initiatives, control initiatives, regulatory changes and new business support. Project Managers in the team cover both business-specific and cross-business portfolios of projects and the role provides considerable exposure to senior management, functional partners and the businesses that the broader team supports.
The candidate joining our group will be responsible for managing key projects, supporting delivery of the overall roadmap, and managing the KPIs and metrics that demonstrate the impact of the programs.
- Coordinate/Monitor the delivery of project objectives through the full project life cycle, across multiple business lines within Markets
- Actively participate in developing project structures such as building out project approaches, plans, ongoing management of project milestones and deliverables
- Work with functional partners including Front Office teams, Control Managers, Technology Controls Officers, Application Developers, Client Services, Network Management, Operations, Technology and others to design and deliver agreed solutions
- Document processes and identify control gaps by networking with various subject matter experts to quickly understand and assess the control environment including risks, controls and information security.
- Ensure timely communication and escalation to stakeholders and leadership; presentation of project objectives, progress and benefits to varied audiences including senior management and functional partners
This role is based on the PM methodology. It requires the ability to think strategically and partner with diverse teams to drive efficiency and process enhancement. In order to be successful in this role, the individual should have the following background and skill set:
- Managerial experience is desired but not mandatory
- Degree qualified with proven project management experience of 3 + years in a large multi-national organisation working with cross functional projects on a regional scale.
- Strong confident interpersonal, technical and problem solving skills with the ability to influence and persuade senior stakeholders in the pursuit of project excellence.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to manage multiple and conflicting priorities and work independently while keeping multiple stakeholders appropriately updated.
- Experience in applying Project management methodology (e.g. waterfall, agile etc)
- First class communication skills both written and verbally with confidence and the ability to challenge effectively at all levels.
- Detail oriented, with the ability to manage multiple tasks, tight deadlines and complex deliverables across various lines of businesses.
- Pragmatic and enthusiastic with a proactive, self-motivated positive attitude even in times of pressure all whilst maintaining a high degree of accuracy and a good eye for detail.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft products suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, Word) along with any useful experience with Prototyping / Process Mapping / Analytics / Data Visualization tools (e.g., Alteryx, Tableau, Xceptor, Signavio, Python)
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.