Merchant Services is the global payment processing business for JPMorgan Chase & Co. Merchant Services is the world's leading merchant acquirer with over $1 trillion in annual transaction volume in 2016. ChaseNet is a customized closed-loop proprietary payments platform, and Chase Pay is the firm's new digital wallet that makes mobile transactions simple, safe and rewarding. Merchant Services is a leading provider of payment, fraud and data security for companies large and small and capableof authorizing transactions in more than 130 currencies.
Merchant Services Engineering and Solutions team leads engineering and software development efforts for Merchant Services Production Management. Our initiatives are focused around engineering and building software tools and frameworks for enabling end-to-end observability and traceability of business process flows, visualization platforms, monitoring, automation and SRE.
As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices while championing for best practices and standards.
We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The position will work with cross-functional teams on software Engineering projects understanding requirements and coding and developing software solutions to deliver business value, while adhering to best practices and coding standards.
You'll be required to:
- Apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle
- Partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to deliver software with business value.
- Follow and promote Agile development practices like Continuous Delivery and BDD. Research new tools, technologies, identify and implement solutions and best practices.
- Design and develop software tools, utilities and API frame works.
- Build visualization platforms and viewing business workflows, application telemetry etc
- Work on automating manual tasks performed by Merchant Services.
Qualifications, Technical Skills, Business Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
- In-depth of experience in large-scale, high-availability environment
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure operations, engineering and agile software development
- At least 5-6 years of application development experience in Java/J2EE or .Net technologies.
- Experience with developing solutions in a cloud based platform(mainly AWS) and Kubernetes
- Experience creating and consuming REST and SOAP webservices.
- Experience with API development framework like APIGEE
- Working experience with CI/CD environments and their associated toolchain (e.g., Jenkins, JMeter, Cucumber, etc)
- Experience with Jira/Confluence
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Should be able to lead and deliver criritcal projects on time
- Experience in UNIX/Linux and scripting.
- Experience with monitoring tools is preferred (such as Wily, Splunk, Dynatrace, AppDynamics).
- Experience with Grafana, Kafka and Promoetheus is preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to analyze detailed business requirements, raise questions and seek resolution to outstanding clarifications required for test case identification.
- Develop solutions that are scalable and reusable.
- Excellent work ethic
- Experience with payment processing platforms is a plus
- Motivated to work in a high pressure, dynamic operations environment
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.