JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
The JPMorgan Chase Legal Department is responsible for providing legal services to the Corporation and is organized by practice groups that generally align with the firm's lines of business and corporate staff areas. This structure encourages legal teams, businesses and staff areas to discuss legal, regulatory and business developments effectively and in a timely manner.
Chase Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) serves more than 64 million consumers and 4 million small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, small business lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. CCB consists of the following lines of business: Consumer Banking, Home Lending, Card Services, Auto Finance, Chase Wealth Management, Business Banking and Chase Merchant Services.
The Legal Department is seeking a highly motivated individual to join its cross line of business Marketing/Communications legal team. The Marketing/Communications legal team supports almost all of the CCB lines of business in all areas of marketing and communications, including the digital, social media, and print advertising channels. This position requires the ability to conduct critical analyses, with a strong sense of sophistication and judgment, and provide alternative solutions when necessary. The successful candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills, superb people skills, the ability to understand new areas of law quickly and meet the needs of a demanding and sophisticated client group, and the flexibility to juggle a wide range of assignments simultaneously.
Assisting the CCB businesses in the US (with an emphasis in the Card Services, Consumer Bank, and Home Lending lines of business) on marketing of products, reviewing financial products articles, and advising on regulatory issues;
- Reviewing marketing claims and substantiation;
- Participation in various control, compliance, and risk initiatives from a legal marketing and communications standpoint;
- Working with the business to implement changes responsive to new federal and state legal and regulatory requirements as interpreted by staff attorneys; and
- All other duties as necessary or assigned in connection with legal support to the business.
- At least 2 years of related experience (which could include Compliance work)
- Knowledge of financial health, skills, and products such as credit cards, rewards programs, and checking and savings accounts.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, time management and organizational skills
- Team player with proven ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with legal and non-legal colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently, manage complex projects and multitask successfully in fast-paced and changing business environment, and deliver high-quality results under tight deadlines
- Ability to synthesize information to reach logical conclusions;
- Excellent research, writing and oral communication skills, with demonstrated ability to listen and drive results individually and in a team setting
- Highly motivated, results oriented and client focused
- Strong sense of integrity and dedication to protecting the reputation of the corporation
- Law Degree and membership in jurisdictional organization. Attorney candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment.
- All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.
This position is located in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans