JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of over $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
A Legal Documentation Specialist is needed to work with Real Estate attorneys and paralegals supporting JPM's Global Real Estate group, responsible for JPM's owned and leased real estate portfolio worldwide.
The position is located in Buenos Aires. The candidate must be familiar with the real estate business from an owner's and/or a tenant's perspective.
The Legal Documentation Specialist will be responsible for supporting the Global Real Estate group with:
Preparing contract documents, including leases and lease amendments
- Performing due diligence and analyzing title/survey issues
- Assisting attorneys and paralegals with the analysis and revision of SNDAs and Estoppel Certificates
- Assisting attorneys in document review and preparation
- Reviewing leases to address property management/surrender issues
- Reviewing construction contract lien waivers
- Assisting attorneys and paralegals with drafting confidentiality agreements
- Assisting attorneys and paralegals with the analysis of CAM and OPEX lease audit issues
- Research State and County auditor/recorder/tax collector websites
- Assisting attorneys and paralegals with the analysis of Reciprocal Easement Agreements
- Law Degree and membership in jurisdictional organization. Attorney candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment
- Minimum of 2 years of experience drafting and preparing commercial real estate transaction documents in law firm or financial institution - preferred
- General understanding of real estate contractual clauses, and contracts in general
- Excellent English language skills, both spoken and in writing, as well as strong and effective interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills - required
- Process oriented
- Self-starter, ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with demanding deadlines and international colleagues
- Strong organizational and project management skills, including high volume documentation handling
- Detail oriented
- Excellent analytical and drafting abilities
All candidates for roles in the Legal Department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.
Resumes must be submitted in English.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.