Overview of the Role:
This is very much a growth role - the right candidate will progress quickly from ETL-intensive work to learn the skills necessary to contribute to core (Java) code.
You'll work hands-on with our team of seasoned engineers, as well as directly with our CTO, to take over our integration work (both pre-existing and new). This is an excellent opportunity to get exposure to our senior management, as well as valuable client-facing time with our largest customers.
Our backend and API are powered by Java (Quarkus), and our frontend is Angular JS. We use Jenkins and Ansible to control a tight code pipeline, which deploys docker images into OKD clusters across a multitude of environments. We also make use of some major AWS components, namely S3, Lambda, CloudFront, as well as 3rd-party products such as Vault, Auth0, and AMQ.
Location: Remote - Latin American Candidates
As part of the team you will:
- Map inbound and outbound data to our data schema, creating transformations where necessary (e-g. data validation or regex-style replacement)
- Maintain and monitor current data movement / data transformation integrations
- Work with external technology groups to resolve connectivity issues (e-g. outages or format changes)
- Manage multiple concurrent integration projects and report internally the status of overall connectivity
- Expand current processes for outbound data delivery and inbound data ingestion via flat file, EDI, FTP, API, etc.
- Manage our cloud-based ETL tool (Dell Boomi)
Key qualifications and Skills to succeed in this role:
-1 - 2 years of experience in professional software development, or relevant project work that demonstrates your coding abilities (Java preferred)
- Understand relational databases, ideally MySQL
- Have customer/client-facing skills and understand how to manage client expectations with respect to software delivery
- Experience with version control, e-g. Git
- Working knowledge of data transformation tools (cloud-based ETL), such as Talend Open Data Studio, Informatica, Cleo, or ideally, Dell Boomi
In return, we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
-100% remote - Work from Home
- International company with diversity and multicultural inclusion
- The ability to work with leading startups and fast growing companies in the USA
About the company:
Workling is a talent acquisition marketplace designed to help companies to hire remote, top-tier talent allowing them to search for the required skills and experienced candidates working in their time zone.
We invite you to find renewed passion in your job, improve your productivity, and benefit from attractive growth opportunities for your career. Apply now!