Overview of the Role:
The ideal candidate is comfortable designing while executing; it's self-directed and confident, yet flexible enough to roll with the incredible pace of change in a small startup. You'll work side-by-side with our architect, helping expand the Java backend that drives the entire application. You understand that if something hasn't been laid out for you, that means we expect you to make the appropriate analysis & decisions yourself, own your decision, and run with it. You also understand that, as with any pivot, we often have to scrap the beautiful things we've created in pursuit of a better product-market fit.
Our Client’s Technology:
Our backend and API are powered by Java (Quarkus), and our frontend is Angular JS. We use Jenkins and Ansible to control a tight code pipeline, which deploys docker images into OKD clusters across a multitude of environments. We also make use of some major AWS components, namely S3, Lambda, CloudFront, as well as 3rd-party products such as Vault, Auth0, and AMQ.
Location: Remote - Latin American Candidates
As part of the team you will:
- Expand upon our current Java backends and public API, developing additional microservices as necessary
-Lead the development of outbound integrations to APIs - we connect with large e-commerce platforms such as Walmart, Target, Amazon Marketplace, etc.
- Expand current processes for outbound data delivery and inbound data ingestion via flat file, API, portal-based automation, and occasionally, EDI
- Brokering agreement on API design with the frontend team using swagger and postman
Key qualifications and Skills to succeed in this role:
- 4+ years of relevant experience in software development
- 5+ years of building SaaS software from the ground up, either by yourself or in a small team
- Advanced Java coding experience, and frequently use frameworks such as Quarkus, Apache Spark and Parquet
- Thoroughly understand the most common AWS services (e-g. Cloudfront, Lamda, S3, etc.) and have architected using those tools in the past (Kubernetes too!)
- Experience working on a small team before and communicate well with distributed developers
- Experience with Auth0, or similar centralized authentication / IDP providers
- Advanced JSON experience to build web services, RESTful APIs, etc.
- Expert in MySQL – you think beyond simple joins to optimize queries before they cause production slowdowns
- Experience with SQS, AMQ, or Kafka to create elaborate queue structures
- Experience building and integrating microservices that can scale gracefully and upgrade without downtime
In return, we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
-100% remote - Work from Home
- International company with diversity and multicultural inclusion
- The ability to work with leading startups and fast growing companies in the USA
About the company:
Workling is a talent acquisition marketplace designed to help companies to hire remote, top-tier talent allowing them to search for the required skills and experienced candidates working in their time zone.
We invite you to find renewed passion in your job, improve your productivity, and benefit from attractive growth opportunities for your career. Apply now!