Sofitel Buenos Aires Recoleta – Argentina
French luxury and local cuisine in the world's most exciting city.
The Sofitel Buenos Aires Recoleta hotel offers a luxury experience with the French art de vivre in the heart of Recoleta. Located close to the city's main tourist attractions, it boasts modern, spacious rooms and a restaurant, bar, patisserie, wine cellar, heated swimming pool, fitness center, function rooms and a garden. The hotel is located opposite the Patio Bullrich shopping mall and just a block away from the prestigious Avenida Alvear and its international luxury stores.
Main activities and responsibilities:
- In charge of setting up and implementing all HR standards
- Drive all Learning & Development activities, including onboarding
- Manage day to day HR activities, including setting up of systems & processes for HR
- Managing the recruitment and onboarding processing including online application management, applicant correspondence and job posting updates
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Answer inquiries from colleagues and applicants, referring to appropriate managers/department heads when necessary
- Telephone inquiries including, verification of employment, references, and general information
- Maintenance of all HR Communication to the team
- Responsible for the development and formulation of policies, procedures and practices to support the operation need of the hotel
- Supervises and provides the management on strategic staffing plans, compensation, benefits, training and development, budget and labor relations.
- Create an environment where each and every member of the team is recognized as talent and feels valued for their contribution
- Expected to take a leadership role in developing a culture that supports the resort’s strategic goals.
- Lead performance management, talent assessment, and effective labor relationship, including negotiating and administering labor agreements.
- Graduated in Psychology, Business Administration or related areas with a specialty in Human Resources Management.
- 5+ years' of previous leadership experience within the HR function of a luxury resort
- Familiar with HR practices & standards in Argentina
- Proven ability to lead by example, believe in a strong team culture and set the scene for high performance
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work in an environment with multiple interests
- Ability to handle complex and confidential information with discretion
- Competency using a variety of computer softwares
- Fluent in Spanish and English is essential